Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trufflehunter - trees wip

I set aside the most time to model the trees since they are going to have the most detail and likewise, use a good chunk of my poly budget. Here are some screens of its progress.


Started out with Zspheres to get the overall shape of the tree. I liked how flexible the Zspheres are in setting up a base to work with.


Converted the adaptive skin to a mesh.


The subdivision 1 was too low to do much of anything; A lot of my sculpting was on level six. Changed the shader to suit "tree" a bit more than the default shader as I worked.


The other side of the tree. At first, was not going to put as much detail in it as the other side would not be as visible, but I probably will end up re-using a few of the trees because of time... so it will need to look good from all angles.

1 comment: